You will undergo a routine dental cleaning and exam when you first visit our office and during subsequent check-ups. Dental cleanings and exams are essential to maintaining good oral health and preventing dental decay and diseases. During a dental cleaning and exam in Mayfield, Ohio, one of our dental hygienists will:
- Gently remove plaque and tartar from the surface of the teeth
- Rinse and polish each tooth
- Check for signs of decay or damage
- Perform oral cancer and gum disease screenings
- Examine existing dental restorations for needed maintenance or repair
During your first visit, we will also take digital X-rays of your smile to help begin planning treatment and to detect any hidden tooth decay or damage. Our caring dental team will listen to your questions and concerns and thoroughly discuss your oral hygiene and dental history. We also discuss in detail your treatment options. Our experienced dentist, Dr. Castellarin, strives to educate and guide you through each step of your treatment plan so you feel confident and comfortable with your dental care. If you are due for a dental cleaning and dental exam, we encourage you to call or visit our dental office to schedule a visit today!