For an extremely weakened tooth, or a tooth with little original structure remaining, a dental crown may be suggested by our expert dentist, Dr. Castellarin. A crown is a tooth-shaped cap that completely encases damaged teeth up to the gumline. Dental crowns are used to restore tooth shape, size, and function while also maintaining an attractive aesthetic. Often made of porcelain, crowns can be matched to the natural color of your teeth and are custom made to fit your natural smile. To place a dental crown in Mayfield, Ohio, our dental team will:
- Take measurements and molds from which your crown will be made
- Send the molds to a dental laboratory
- Prepare the tooth to receive the crown through a light buffing and reshaping process
- Ensure the crown is the right size, shape, and color
- Make any necessary adjustments to the crown
- Permanently cement the crown into place
Crowns are ideal for supporting teeth that have received a large filling or for protecting a weak tooth from breaking or cracking apart. Dr. Castellarin will work with you to determine if dental crowns are the best way to restore your smile. For more information, we invite you to contact our dental office today. We look forward to hearing from you!